Bite Mark Analysis and Expert Witness Service
At Expert Forensics we are able to offer assistance in all aspects of bite mark analysis from evidence collection to the court room.
Bite marks may arise in a variety of situations including, assault, rape, murder and non-accidental injury to children or vulnerable adults. They may be present on the victim or the assailant and occasionally may also be left in foodstuffs at the crime scene.
As bite mark appearance will change with the passage of time it is imperative that examination and appropriate photographic record of bite marks must be undertaken as soon as possible by appropriately trained professionals. Guidelines of Good Practice issued by the British Association of Forensic Odontology (BAFO) must be followed at all times.
Our forensic odontologists are available at any time to provide assistance during evidence collection and will always have the services of a dental forensic photographer highly experienced in bite mark photography. We have vast experience in assisting both the police in evidence collection as well as prosecution and defence in analysing, interpreting and presenting such evidence in both civil and criminal courts.
Our expert witness services include:
- Examination and photographic record of the bite mark in the first instance
- Acquiring dental impressions of the possible biter/s
- Bite mark analysis/comparison
- Advice and assistance during case preparation
- A full, comprehensive written report and/or Section 9 statement
- Advice and briefing at pre-trial conferences
- Paper review cases (including cold case review)
- Expert Witness testimony in both Criminal and Civil Courts
Our Forensic Odontologists
For more information or to instruct one of our experts please
- give us a call on 02920 757744
- send us an E-mail to email@example.com
- use the Get In Touch Form on the right.