Dr. Graham Mould - Forensic Toxicology Expert
B. Pharm (Hons), MSc (Biopharmaceutics), Ph.D, CUBS Expert Witness Cert..
Primary Areas of Expertise
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The administration and effect of prescription and over-the-counter medicines in the young and elderly.
- The use of illicit drugs.
- Drug assisted sexual or criminal assault.
- Errors in dispensing of prescribed medicines.
- The interpretation of forensic drug related toxicology reports
- Assessing the results of overdose situations.
Dr Mould trained as a pharmacist and clinical pharmacologist originally gaining an honours degree in Pharmacy, a Master of Science degree and a Doctor of Philosophy degree from from University of London.
During this period of training and research, he developed skills in determining how the body responds to drugs (pharmacodynamics) and how drugs are transported within the body (pharmacokinetics). Dr Mould worked for the NHS for the next 20 years developing and organising a Therapeutic Drug Monitoring service in the Royal Surrey County Hospital and together with colleagues from the University of Surrey developed a number of analytical methodologies for a wide range of drugs.
Graham then went on to set up an independent Clinical Research Organisation, working with the Pharmaceutical Industry in developing new therapeutic agents and reformulating existing ones.
Over the last 5 years Dr Mould's unique experience of the action of drugs,has led to the provision of expert opinions in assessing the action of drugs in criminal cases where the action of drugs might have been responsible.
To date Dr. Mould has written more than 250 reports for the courts under the instruction of both prosecution and defence and given oral evidence as an expert witness in court.
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
- Society of Pharmaceutical Medicine
- Institute of Clinical Research (Professional Member)
- The International Association of Forensic Toxicologists (TIAFT)